Find out about the Summit and Canterbury Tech
The Canterbury Tech Summit explores trends, opportunities, and major shifts on the horizon. Every year, over 600 members of the tech ecosystem gather to be inspired by world-class speakers, build lasting connections and grow New Zealand’s technology sector. This year’s theme “Grow” encapsulates four key topics:
1) Artificial Intelligence
2) Cybersecurity and Bitcoin
3) Hi-tech Export
4) Strategy and Leadership
· Make deals and do business with serious entrepreneurs, industry leaders, innovators, and investors.
· Get access to Canterbury’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and meet up with decision makers in a collaborative environment.
· Engage with multiplyers and community members who actively support our ecosystem including Callaghan Innovation and CDC.
· Challenge yourself to create solutions that could change our world.
· Cross-pollinate your business with innovative new ideas
Who Should attend
The Summit is for everyone with an interest in the tech sector particularly if you:
· are a founder/ entrepreneur wanting to hear other people’s success stories
· sell software products
· support a tech company with your professional expertise (e.g. marketing, HR, legal, finance)
· manage a team
· are a developer
· are a student interested in joining the vibrant tech industry
Attendee feedback from last year:
“It is the best value must attend IT networking event in NZ.”
“Some of the staff at our company were attending for the first time. I think it gave them a sense of just how big and important the IT scene is in Christchurch”
“The standout event on the annual calendar for our sector to get together, and increasingly to demonstrate how well the sector is faring here in Canterbury.”
“The Summit was well run with a very high calibre of speakers and excellent opportunities to network.”
“It’s an essential event for anyone working in the tech sector in the South Island.”
See highlights from the 2016 Canterbury Tech Summit:
Canterbury Tech (Canterbury Software Inc.) is Canterbury’s leading professional association dedicated to advancing innovation, commercialisation and export. We have a broad-based member community – New Zealand’s most innovative companies and successful entrepreneurs.
It aims to develop globally successful technology companies through collaboration and education for businesses small and large. The non-profit organisation is run by a voluntary committee and has over 150 company members.